Known DREAMer Deported Under President Trump

Posted April 20, 2017

Montes' attorneys have challenged the Homeland Security Department to release documents pertinent to the matter.

DACA protects foreign nationals brought to the United States illegally as children.

Even so, DACA enrollees are being targeted by immigration authorities.

On the campaign trail, President Trump indicated he would deport anyone in the country illegally. Removing privacy protections of undocumented immigrants likely violates the Constitution.

The CBP statement also reverses its earlier claim that Montes-Bojorquez' status expired in August 2015.

The agency said Montes was once convicted of theft and sentenced to probation.

Yet, Customs and Border Protection agents "arrested, detained and physically removed" Montes as he was waiting for a ride in the border town of Calexico, Calif., on February 17.

DHS officials say they have no record of any of a deportation on that day, and that Montes was only deported once, on February 20.

President Trump has not been clear about his intentions for DACA recipients.

Lapan updated his story Wednesday and told TheDC, "After a detailed records search, we determined that Juan Manuel Montes-Bojorquez was approved for DACA starting in 2014 and had a DACA expiration date of January 25, 2018".

David Fizdale Roasts Officials For 'Poorly Officiated' Game
I know (San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich has) got pedigree and I'm a young rookie, but they are not going to rook us". Fizdale blasted the officiating in a almost two-minute tirade during his postgame press conference Monday night.

Pacific Consortium back in Tatts chase
Tatts shareholders will control 58% of the enlarged entity, with Tabcorp's shareholders holding the remaining 42%. The proposal is subject to the completion of due diligence and the unanimous recommendation of the Tatts board.

Apple Makes Its Apps Available For Free
Apple today updated several of its Mac and iOS apps, making them available for all Mac and iOS users for free. This eliminates the need to buy new Apple hardware to get these apps for free.

The difference is enormously important.

A Southern California community college student who lived in the USA under a deferred action program sued the federal government Tuesday after he was sent back to Mexico in February.

DHS originally claimed that Montes' DACA protections had expired, the AP reported, but they later acknowledged that he would have been eligible to remain in the country under the program through 2018.

The details of Montes' story have come under scrutiny since the publication of the USA Today piece. "We believe him", Nora Preciado, a staff attorney with the National Immigration Law Center, which is representing Montes, said in a statement.

"The government is providing information to the press, but not to Juan Manuel and his attorneys". Curiel will now have to decide whether Trump's administration can legally detain and deport individuals who were guaranteed the right to live and work in the U.S. But as administration officials have repeatedly emphasized, DACA isn't a guarantee of safety from deportation.

"Some people told me that they were going to deport me; others said nothing would happen", Montes told USA TODAY. This happened an average of seven times per month under Obama.

Instead of allowing the young man to retrieve proof of his DACA protections and stay in the country, he was shipped back to Mexico - a direct result of Donald Trump's deportation escalation. He said the administration's enforcement priorities are people who committed crimes in the United States and pose a threat. "Deferred action does not, in any way, prevent DHS from moving forward with execution of a removal order".

"But my home is there", Montes said.

After being assaulted in a robbery attempt in Mexico, Montes feared for his life, re-entered the United States, turned himself in to border agents, and was arrested and sent back to Mexico, according to the lawsuit.