EMS providers took Devoe to Hersey Medical Center where he was initially listed in critical condition on Friday night but later succumbed to his injuries Saturday. "My soul is hurt", Mark Hughes said.
The fire, which broke out around 7:45 p.m. Friday night, was ruled accidental and attributed to a hoverboard plugged in to recharge on the first floor, where family members were also present, Harrisburg Fire Chief Brian Enterline said.
DeVoe was blocks from the fire station to pick up his gear and joined his fellow firefighters at the scene. I'm so hurt. My soul is hurt'. Officials believe that the fire was sparked by a hoverboard that was recharging. 'The pain is so deep.
Fire Lt. Dennis DeVoe was responding to reports of the fire when his vehicle was hit at an intersection by 19-year-old Khanyae Kendall, who was reportedly driving a stolen vehicle. The girl's father and a teenage boy were treated and released for smoke inhalation. She was later arrested when she showed up to the hospital for treatment of her injuries. Police said Kendall was under the influence, and fled the scene.Читайте также: US troops join the fight against ISIS in Syria
Hoverboard accidents are not uncommon and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission has previously issued a warning that certain devices "pose an unreasonable risk of fire to consumers".
Hughes said his family is trying to stay strong after this tragedy.
Kendall was charged with aggravated assault by motor vehicle, receiving stolen property, DUI, safe speed, stop sign violation, careless driving, false information, driving without a license, numerous traffic offenses.
The district attorney said further charges are subject to an autopsy and a formal investigation.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог